Facials in St. George, UT can keep skin healthy and rejuvenated. Here at Riverside Medical Arts, we deliver different kinds of facials depending on the skin type and skin condition of our patients.
What are facials?
Facials are done to cleanse, nourish, and exfoliate facial skin and remove any dirt and impurities that are hardly warded off by most skin care products. Being one of the finest methods to take care of the skin, a facial keeps the skin smooth, well-hydrated, and younger-looking.
There are various reasons to consider getting a facial treatment. This includes the desire to clean the skin and its pores on a much deeper level as well as to rejuvenate the skin that has become dull and wrinkled due to aging and stress. It is also a solution for dry or oily skin. Aside from its cosmetic and medical benefits, some patients get the treatment simply as a means of relaxation and de-stressing.
What are the different types of facials?
Different skin types and conditions call for different types of facials. The simple ones consist of traditional cleaning, steaming, and massaging. Meanwhile, the special types are customized to address your specific skin type. For instance, an individual with sensitive skin can make use of hypoallergenic products during his or her facial. Riverside Medical Arts:
- Mini Facial – This facial consists of deep cleansing, toning and exfoliation. Also includes a customized mask with an arm and hand massage. Excellent for skin care maintenance. Great lunchtime treatment!
- Signature Facial – This facial begins with the cleansing and analyzing of your skin. An exfoliating steam treatment will follow to dissolve dead skin cells, flaking and oily patches that clog pores. Depending on your skin type, a clarifying or hydrating masque will refine your skin while you relax with an arm and hand massage. Another cleansing will prepare your skin for Glycolic or Salicylic chemical peel or microdermabrasion and scalp massage. Serums that are specialized for you will be applied, followed by a moisturizer and SPF. This treatment will improve skin texture, help to even out skin tone and improve cell turnover.
- European Facial – Designed as a very relaxing, deep cleansing treatment, our European Facial begins with skin analysis, deep pore cleansing, steam, therapeutic massage of neck, decollate and scalp, exfoliating treatment plus two masks that reach deep into your pores to relax, cleanse and rejuvenate your skin, bringing out its natural beauty.
- Acne Treatment Facial – Customized to your skin type, this intensive treatment uses pharmaceutical grade products to treat the causes of acne. Included in this facial is extractions and your choice of Microdermabrasion or Salicylic chemical peel. A clarifying clay masque uses a hydroxy acid blend to decongest pores, lift impurities & exfoliate the skin. This treatment is ideal for adult or teenage acne.
- Targeted Facial – This facial will target any specific skin concerns you have. The aestheticians will customize your treatment to fit your specific skin needs.
What happens during a facial?
Before undergoing the treatment, an initial consultation will be needed in order to assess your skin condition and identify the treatment that is most appropriate for you. You are ensured that we only offer high quality care. Once it is determined that you are eligible for the procedure, your skin will be cleansed using sponges or cotton pads. Looking under a bright magnifying lamp, our skin care expert will analyze your skin and determine your basic skin type. The right treatment will then be administered.
A thin vapor of steam will be directed to your face to soften any blackheads and whiteheads. Exfoliation will then take place. This will get rid of dead skin cells in the surface of the face. Any blackheads or whiteheads are also extracted. A facial mask will then be used to rejuvenate your skin.
If you are interested in having a facial at Riverside Medical Arts, contact us online or call our office today 1-435-628-6466.