Full lips can make you look younger and more attractive. If your lips are naturally thin or if they’ve lost volume with age, there are ways to make your lips look fuller—keep reading to find out how.
1.Try a different lipstick: Bold red lips are sexy, but darker colors make your lips look thinner. If you want to make your lips look larger with very little work, something as simple as switching to a light pink or nude colored lipstick could do the trick.
2. Gently exfoliate your lips once in awhile: Dead skin can make your lips look thinner and duller—and it can make it harder to apply makeup.
3. Use lip balm that contains mint: Mint naturally makes your lips look a little larger, and it can feel refreshing.
4. Create a larger canvas: Applying concealer to your lips and then overdrawing them (just barely) with lip liner can give you a larger canvas to work with. When you fill in your lips with lipstick that is the same color as your liner, your lips will look slightly larger.
5. Try lip gloss: Lip gloss can make your lips look moist and full. Wear it alone or dab it in the middle of your lips after applying your normal lipstick.
6. Consider lip augmentation: At Riverside Medical Arts, patients can choose from a variety of lip enhancing procedures.
Some patients choose dermal filler injections that can give the lips a softer and more full appearance. Dermal fillers offer great looking results, but they don’t last forever. When dermal fillers are used to enhance the lips, recovery is quick and there is almost no downtime.
Lips can also be plumped using fat from other places in the body. Fat injection may require a short recovery period, but it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Patients interested in permanent results should ask about the Perma Facial Implant procedure. This treatment uses soft silicone that cannot rupture or degrade over time. This procedure is approved by the FDA and it offers natural looking, permanent results.
If you’d like to learn more about getting fuller lips, schedule a consultation at Riverside Medical Arts.