Too much stress can take a serious toll on your health and your appearance, which is why it is important to learn how to prevent and reduce stress. Use the following tips to get started:
Not all stress can be prevented, but there are many things you can do to make yourself less vulnerable to stress:
- Plan your schedule carefully and stick to it. Poor time management can cause serious stress.
- Exercise regularly. Staying active is one of the best ways to prevent and reduce stress. Find an activity you enjoy whether it is taking a yoga class, jogging through your neighborhood, boxing at a nearby gym, or swimming at the local pool.
- Say no. Sometimes it is hard to say no, especially to people you care about, but you’ll be able to be more present and productive if you avoid overcommitting. If you don’t have time to do something, just say no.
Not all stress can be avoided, which is why it is important to have coping strategies. Try a few of these strategies. Some of them are best for people who have a few hours to spend, while other coping strategies will take less than five minutes.
- Call a loved one on the phone.
- Watch a funny video online. Laughing is an excellent way to reduce stress.
- Stand up and stretch at your desk.
- Take a 15 minute break to play with your dog.
- Go outside. For many people, spending time out of doors is relaxing. If you only have a few minutes on your lunch break, take a walk around the building. If you have a weekend to relax after an especially trying workweek, go for a hike or take a picnic to a nearby park.
- Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Breath deeply with your eyes closed for about a minute to calm yourself down and refocus your energy.
- Listen to your favorite song.
- Schedule a day to relax and rejuvenate at a medical spa. At Riverside Medical Arts you can relax in a calm environment while cosmetic professionals help you refresh your appearance and look your best.