Does your outer appearance accurately portray your true self? If you feel young and energetic on the inside, you deserve an exterior to match. Try these easy ways to look younger:
1. Refresh Your Makeup Routine
Changing your makeup routine is an inexpensive and immediate way to look younger. Try these tricks:
- Wear less foundation and powder—heavy makeup settles into the lines on your face and accentuates them instead of covering them up. Go bare-faced or switch to a CC cream that will protect your skin and conceal blemishes without highlighting your wrinkles.
- Use highlighter or concealer near the corners of your eyes and near the corners of your mouth.
- Choose a lighter eye shadow palette so your eyelids don’t look heavy and droopy.
- Swap out your dark lipstick for a nude color or a pink lip gloss. As you age, your lips become thinner. Wearing a dark lipstick can make your lips look thin, wearing a nude lipstick or a gloss makes them look younger and bigger. You can also use a light pink lipstick and gloss to make your lips look bigger and softer—apply your lipstick as normal and then apply the gloss only to the middle of your lips.
2. Whiten Your Teeth
As people get older their teeth get yellower, which means whitening your teeth is a quick and easy way to reclaim a bit of your youth and improve your appearance.
3. Change Your Hairstyle
A new hairstyle can completely change your look. Start by evaluating your actual style. Is it classic and timeless, or does it scream “I peaked in the 80s”? If you need help updating your style to a modern, but timeless look, get in touch with your stylist. You can also ask your stylist about subtle face framing highlights that can bring some warmth and brightness back to your complexion.
4. Restore Lost Volume
Unfortunately, as people age, the cheeks loose their volume, lips become thinner, and creases deepen. Fortunately dermal fillers can restore lost volume to the cheeks and lips and fill in creases like those going from the nose to the corners of the mouth. If you’re interested in reclaiming your youth, contact Riverside Medical Arts for a consultation